The program is offered by the Faculty of Commerce, which is part of Economics university in Bratislava (EUBA). The program is opened on the Master level.
Study program: Tourism management
Tuition fees: 2500€ for one year
Study level: Master studies
Application deadline: end of February
Start of studies: September (only one intake)
Requirements: completed Bachelor’s degree in the similar study program
Application fee: 60€
About the program of Master in Tourism Management: The curriculum of the programme consists of compulsory, compulsory elective and elective courses. The compulsory and compulsory elective courses will give you a strong foundation in core disciplines a well-versed manager has to master. The elective courses will widen your knowledge by a number of specialisations. You can also choose from a selection of optional courses to enrich your study experience by different perspectives.
There are subjects that will help you to understand
- economic context and possible consequences of team management decision-making throughout creative simulations in hotels and travel agencies,
- application of technologies in distribution systems (Opera),
- the importance of tourism in international market,
- sustainable tourism development principles,
- technique of tourism services,
- marketing management of international events,
- economic context in family business,
- destination tourism management at regional level,
- tourism management at business level,
- spa and wellness processes.
The program is open to applicants with a bachelor’s degree in management, economics and business-related disciplines. Candidates having bachelor degree in other than business and management related discipline are not eligible to be accepted.
Applicants who have not finished their bachelor’s studies by the date of admission must provide an official confirmation of their ongoing studies along with the expected date of graduation. They can be given a conditional offer with the final decision to be taken upon delivery of the proof of a completed bachelor’s program.
The selection is based on the review of submitted documents. Applicants are ordered by the results of the previous study. There is no written test, but an online interview may be part of the admission process.
Disclosure: The faculty reserve the right to not open the program in case, not enough eligible candidates are selected. In such case, the application fee will be returned to the candidate based on a written application for a refund (signed, scanned, and delivered by an email).
More information: https://admission.euba.sk/programmes/master-in-tourism-management