The main role of the Faculty of Business Management of the UEBA is to provide university education and knowledge of basic creative scientific research in the field of business economy and management.
Pursuant to this, the Faculty:
- provides and organizes university education in accredited fields of study and programmes of study within the framework of the first, second and third grades of study;
- provides for other forms of study (internship programme, lifelong learning, etc.);
- creates conditions for free and creative scientific research;
- organizes and implements scientific research activities focused on the development of the theory of enterprise economy, management, enterprise finances, human resources, economic valuation, logistics, informatics and their application in economic practice;
- cooperates with educational scientific research organizations and other organizations and institutions in the Slovak Republic;
- organizes international, especially European, cooperation and the exchange of information, students and employees of the Faculty with international universities with an economic orientations;
- utilises the exclusive right to award academic degree of bachelor (Bc.) to the graduates of the first grade of university study, engineer (Ing.) to the graduates of the second grade of university study and academic degree of doctor of philosophy (PhD.) to graduates of the third grade of study;
- applies the right to negotiate and make decisions on the results for habilitation of Associated Professor and for inauguration of Professor, in conjunction with the awarding of the scientific pedagogical degrees Associated Professor (Doc.) and Professor (Prof.);
- Student mobility within the framework of international projects and programmes (Socrates/Erasmus, CEEPUS, MIBP-PECO, SAIA programmes, etc.) and utilization of university bilateral contracts is increasing rapidly. Students of the faculty annually participate in the DANUBIA Summer School under the financial and expert auspices of the Erste Bank.
- Teacher mobility within the framework of international programmes has increased notably recently. This positive trend in teacher mobility continues within the framework of LLP-ERASMUS and CEEPUS Programmes.
- Project mobility which has been generated by participation in the international scientific project (EC-DGs, 7FP, etc.) is showing visible growth
- Membership of international associations. Through the faculty’s statutory representation of the University and based on the agreement on cooperation with Fachhochschule Rosenheim and Franklin University, it has become a regular member of the Consortium for International Double Degrees – CIDD. The membership of the EUBA in the Global Compact Network and related activities is transmitted by a representative of the BMF.
- Creation of a double degree study programmes. Students of the BMF can use the offer of graduation in the bachelor’s degree at the Franklin University and the master’s degree at Fachhochschule Rosenheim, and obtain double degrees from both universities.
- Organisation of lectures in foreign language by teachers from abroad. The Faculty offers students the possibility of attending lectures by teachers from partnership schools and universities abroad.
- The faculty´s guarantee for International Management, university study programme in English.
- Cooperation of the Faculty in providing the teaching of courses for International Financial Management, the university study programme in German.
- The guarantee of the Faculty for an MBA (Master of Business Administration) study programme in cooperation with ESCP-EAP Europaische Wirtschafthochschule Berlin and Franklin University, Ohio.