The program is offered by the University of veterinary medicine and pharmacy with a seat in Kosice. There are two programs – 6 years program of Veterinary medicine and 4-years program of Veterinary medicine. The program is joint program and graduates will obtain degree Doctor of veterinary medicine (MVDr).
- General Veterinary medicine – 6-years program
- Veterinary medicine 4-years program
General veterinary medicine – 6-year program
Veterinary medicine is one of the so-called regulated professions in the European Union; therefore, its studies must meet the European Union and EAEVE guidelines. Diplomas awarded by the University are valid in all European Union member states and many other countries as well. The program is focused on the diagnostic, therapy, and prevention of diseases of animals, on the scientific field and food and pharmaceutical industry. Future career options: small animals clinics, large animals practice, exotic animals clinics, and ZOOs, game
reserves, food industry, pharmaceutical industry, R&D, teaching and consultancy, ecology and environmental protection, postgraduate study
More details about program of General veterinary medicine: https://www.uvlf.sk/en/study-programmes/general-veterinary-medicine
General veterinary medicine 4-year program
The 4-years program is offered for applicants with Bachelor’s Degree in Veterinary Sciences or Animal Sciences, Biosciences or related sciences. Graduates are awarded degree of Doctor of veterinary medicine. The program runs under ECTS system and obtained credits are fully recognized in the European Union.
Here are the conditions which applicants need to fulfill if they wish to enroll for the post-Bsc program at General veterinary study program:
- Full Secondary Education or full specialized secondary education qualification entitling for university study, attested by a certificate
- Completion of the first level of higher education studies (i.e. Bachelor degree in Veterinary Sciences or Animal Sciences, Biosciences or related sciences)
- Bachelor degree certificate not older than 6 years at the time of application
- Completion of specified subjects during the first level of higher education studies (Biology, Chemistry and Biophysics) – upon approval of the UVMP Management, courses of Chemistry and Biochemistry and/or Biophysics can be completed during the first year of study at UVMP in Košice. Biology completion is mandatory on another hand
- Documented attainment of 180 ECTS on of bachelor degree (if credits are not in ECTS system, credit conversion formula is necessary)