About the Faculty
The Faculty of Law within Comenius University in Bratislava offers study programs in English for international applicants at all 3 levels (Bachelor, Masters and PhD studies) in daily and external way. It is part of the Comenius faculty, the oldest university in Slovakia. Apart from studies, the students also take part in Slovak and international law competitions for future legal practicioners. The faculty has long track record of cooperation with a number of institutions as well as practicing lawyers, professional bodies, central state administration authorities and reputable law firms. A great majority of the Slovak law community, including a number of influential personalities, have graduated from the Faculty of Law at Comenius University in Bratislava.
The Faculty is involved in a number of programmes focused on international co-operation including the Erasmus program aimed at student mobility at more than 50 partner universities in the European Union and Turkey. Involved universities in the list are University of Gent, Masaryk University, Palacky University, Charles University, University of Tartu, Helsinki University, Catholical University of Lille, Klaipeda University, Technische Universitat Chemnitz, Freie Universitat Berlin, University of Lisboa, University of Wien, Salzburg University, Leicester University, and many others. The Erasmus stay is funded by the European Commission.
The admission process was extended by end of August 2020 exceptionally. Applicants need to submit following documents
- Passport copy
- Confirmation of application fee
- Notary copies of secondary school leaving certificate
- Copies of certificate proving English language level (IELTS, ESOL, FCE)
- Nostrification letter
Successful completion of the admission process is a precondition for acceptance into the program.
If the number of candidates exceeds the faculty capacity, the ranking of admitted candidates will be decided on the basis of an assessment of the candidate’s language skills and the results of secondary school mathematics, with preference given to those who have passed the graduation examination or its mathematics equivalent.
A candidate can achieve a maximum of 150 points for language skills and 150 points for mathematics skills.
The admission test is comprised of a written examination that assesses the applicant’s general knowledge of the English language. Applicants from third countries might be subject to examination by electronic means. The language portion of the admission test is worth a maximum of 150 points
Study programs offered by the Faculty of law
Bachelor programs offered by the Faculty of law:
- Management and Law – the program was developed in cooperation with the Faculty of Management, Comenius University and takes 3 years (180 ECTS credits) to be completed. The tuition fees are 2990€ per academic year. There are 21 mandatory subjects from Law and 17 from management. Application is open by the end of August in 2020, normally by end of June
Master programs offered by the Faculty of Law:
- Masters in Law – focused on International Law and European Law. The program takes 2 years (120 credits) and it will be conducted full time. The tuition fees for the program are 3500€ per academic year. The criteria in order to be accepted for the Master’s program is 50% admission test (mainly about international law and European law) and 50% English proficiency (required minimum is B2 level). The best candidates will be selected (maximum points is 300)