If you are a recent graduate of Slovak university and you are planning to return to your home country, you will need apostille on your university degree diploma. The apostille is a higher verification that enables using any official document abroad. It looks like a stamp that is attached on another side of the document and it proves the originality of the document.
The most usual documents that are being apostilled for foreign students are diploma certificates – either for graduates of General medicine or graduates of Dental medicine.
Students from faculties of medicine at Comenius University in Bratislava, Jessenius Faculty of medicine in Martin or Faculty of medicine in Pavel Jozef Safarik University need to provide their university degree to Ministry of education of Slovakia, which is located in Bratislava. The process is very easy.
Important: please double check opening hours and way of submission of the documents to the ministry on their website before starting the process: https://www.minedu.sk/apostille-superlegalization/
- You will pick up original of diploma certificate from University (usually it is 3 papers)
- the document needs to be brought to Ministry of education in Bratislava (Ministerstvo školstva v Bratislava) – the address is Černyševského 27 851 01 Bratislava – Petržalka
- opening hours are Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9am to 11:30am and 12:30-14:00
- the payment for apostille is 10€ per one document. The payment is possible by buying e-Kolok from Slovak post (Slovenska posta). Usually the students need 3 koloks for 30€
- once document is apostilled, you are free to use it legally abroad