The program is offered by the Faculty of public administration at the University of Pavel Jozef Safarik (Bachelor level only).
Application Deadline: mid of August
Starting Date: September (there is only one intake per year)
Study Period: 3 years (6 Semesters)
Tuition Fee: EUR 2,000/year
Description of the study program
Graduates of European Public Administration from UPJS are ready to work as experts in all component parts of public administration and public sector in the Slovak Republic, in the institutions of the European Union, as well as in the international organizations. Following areas will be taught during Bachelor studies: political sciences, sociology, law and economics with emphasis on the functioning of the European Union. The program is interdisciplinary, as there are also principles of political sciences and sociology in the functioning of public administration in a democratic country, particularly in the Slovak Republic and the European Union, the constitutional foundations of public administration with focus on government and local self-government, as well as economic principles and connections, including organizational issues and management and their practical application in practice in the real practice of public administration. A graduate of this study program will obtain the fundamental knowledge for the performance of working activities in public administration where the intellectual work prevails. Subsequently, the graduate will be able to undertake activities, solve problems and adopt decisions in fundamental issues at all levels of public administration. The graduate will obtain the skill:
- To implement the theoretical knowledge in order to improve and make the functioning of public administration more efficient.
- To utilize the principles of communication skills within the organization, also in a public administration worker – citizen relation.
- To schedule and organize the processes and activities in public administration.
- To apply the standards of primary and secondary law of the European Union related to the problems of public administration into the practice.
- To issue simple individual legal acts and prepare data for adoption of normative legal acts from the sphere of public administration.