In connection with the spread of respiratory illness caused by the new coronavirus COVID-19, the Security Council of the SR met. Specific measures were taken and determined how to proceed in this situation.
In the case that a student returned from an area where coronavirus has been confirmed, he/she must check his/her health within the next 14 days of their return.
If symptoms appear within period of 14 days (particularly high temperature, cough, sore throat), he / she must:
1. stay at home – please do not go directly to the doctor, but contact the doctor by phone, describing your symptoms and follow doctors commands,
2. if the doctor decides that the person must be hospitalized, the doctor will send a special ambulance to the person. In such case, do not go to hospital but wait for arrival of ambulance
3. if the symptoms are not severe, the GP may decide that the person will remain in the home quarantine,
At present, the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic does NOT strongly recommend the organization of any trips, excursions and other events to areas with a confirmed coronavirus presence.
For kindergartens, primary schools, secondary schools, universities, school facilities, student homes and boarding schools, the Ministry of Education recommends to follow general preventive measures:
1. wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based disinfectant. Do not touch your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands,
2. cover your mouth and nose with a disposable handkerchief and then throw it into the trash,
3. Avoid close contact with people who have symptoms of respiratory tract infection and who have at least one of the following: fever, cough, sore throat and shortness of breath.
For all students who remain in the school in personal quarantine we strictly adhere to the following regulations!
1. foreign students – they can stay in student dormitories. It is necessary to behave collectively responsibly and leave the student home only in the most urgent cases (buying of food, etc). However, do not stay outside of the dormitory for too long. The student can be infected but at the same time the wearer! In the event of an outbreak in boarding schools, the accommodation shall be subject to a strict quarantine regime.
2. It is strictly forbidden to receive visits to the premises of student dormitories
3. It is strictly forbidden to organize any events on the premises of student dormitories- celebrations, parties.
4. The provision of short-term accommodation in student dormitories is canceled
5. Any symptoms – elevated temperature, shortness of breath, muscle pain, respiratory symptoms are strictly forbidden to conceal. Immediately inform the doctor about symptoms by phone. 112 or 155 and the management of the state budget. Immediately after showing symptoms, stay in the assigned room in strict quarantine!
6. We will classify these violations as irresponsible and gross violations and the student may be fined and canceled until the end of the study!